We’ve all had those awkward moments. Whether it’s the first date when conversation is lacking or the dinner party where nobody is speaking. Wouldn’t you like to have some fun and fascinating facts that most people don’t know during those uncomfortable moments? Read on and you’ll be sure to learn some interesting facts to get the conversation started.
Did you know…
- There are over 10,000 taste buds in your tongue, palate, and cheeks?
- You have so many arteries, capillaries, and veins in your body that if you laid them end to end, they’d stretch for about 100,000 miles – enough to wrap around the world four times!
- Each inch of skin contains over 19 million cells.
- Your heart pumps 8,000 gallons of blood every day.
- You have over 250,000 sweat glands in each of your feet which give off almost a cup of moisture every day.
- About 40 million olfactory receptor cells help you smell.
- When you cough, the air rushing out of your lungs hits speeds of 75 to 100 mph.
- Your brain contains 100 billion neurons and trillions of glia(support) cells.
- Your body pushes food through your small intestine, which is more than 20 feet long, in just 4 hours.
- If the entire DNA in your body was put end-to-end, it would reach to the sun and back again 600 times.
Healthy Choice Naturals