“Essential” nutrients are important nutritional elements that we must get from our diet, either from food or supplements, for optimal health. Unfortunately, the typical modern diet doesn’t provide enough of these essential nutrients, so most of us are deficient in these five areas:
- Vitamins and Minerals: Vitamins and minerals are required for everything from building our physical bodies to blood coagulation and energy production. Most of the vitamins and all of the minerals required for optimal health are classified as essential.
- Amino Acids: Our bodies are built from proteins that are constructed with eight basic building blocks called essential amino acids.
- Antioxidants: Every day our bodies are bombarded with pollution, pesticides and numerous other toxins, and this creates many of the destructive free radicals in our bodies. Antioxidants are important because they are our only defense against free-radical damage.
- Anti-inflammatory Compounds: Chronic inflammation has been recently associated with almost every major detrimental process in human health. Anti-inflammatory compounds are our only protection and line of defense. Unfortunately, anti-inflammatory prescription medications have some of the worst side effects for prescription drugs.
- Essential Fatty Acids: Omega-3 and omega-6 are the essential fatty acids, or the good fats, that are essential for optimal cellular health.
Organic Moringa: A Nutritional Powerhouse
Introducing Moringa: One of the most nutritious plants on earth. While it’s one of the newer discoveries in modern science, Moringa has been used in various societies and cultures for thousands of years. Moringa continues to amaze the scientific world with its nutritional value because of its unique balance of antioxidants, minerals and amino acids, which is rare for a plant source.
Taking an organic Moringa supplement, such as Healthy Choice Naturals Maximum Moringa, provides you with all five of the essential nutritional elements listed above that are deficient in the modern diet, including:
- Ten essential vitamins and eleven essential minerals.
- All nine essential amino acids.
- More than two dozen natural, powerful antioxidants.
- More than two dozen natural, powerful anti-inflammatory nutrients.
- Both omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids.
What is Organic Moringa?
Organic Moringa Oleifera is a small tree that grows quickly in dry climates and sandy soil, and it bears fruit during its first year of planting (Folkard and Sutherland, 1996).(1) Every part of the tree is beneficial in various ways, and it is an important resource, especially in areas where people depend on crops for their livelihood and sustenance.
The plant species was originally native only to the foothills of the Himalayas but has rapidly spread around the world to tropical and sub-tropical climates. It regenerates itself quickly, second only to bamboo, making it a hearty, viable crop. Much of the plant is edible by both humans and livestock, and the bark and wood is used as firewood.
Small Leaves…Huge Benefits!
Because the tree produces leaves during the dry season and times of drought, it is an excellent source of green vegetable when other food is unavailable (Folkard and Sutherland, 1996).(1)
According to Optima of Africa, Ltd., 25 grams daily of Moringa leaf powder provides a child with the following percentages of recommended daily allowances:(4).
Experts agree that the long-term solution to malnutrition is the use of foods rich in the essential nutrients often lacking in people’s diets. Even small amounts of the Moringa leaves could protect thousands of people from suffering malnutrition.(3)
Dried Organic Moringa Leaves
Gram for gram, dried Moringa leaves contain approximately:
Healthy Choice Naturals Maximum Moringa supplement with 500mg of organic Moringa is packed with over 90 nutrients and 46 antioxidants. Plus, it provides all eight essential amino acids and is rich in flavonoids, including Quercetin, Kaempferol, Beta-Sitosterol, Caffeoylquinic Acid and Zeatin. And because it is made from a 100% natural plant source, nutrients are easily absorbed in the body so you get all the benefits of this amazing supplement.
As Western cultures continue to research and learn more about organic Moringa, the demand for it will continue to increase and its use will help make the modern diet more nutritious and complete.
- Folkard, G.K. and Sutherland, J.P. 1996, Moringa oleifera – a multipurpose tree. Food Chain – Intermediate Technology, ISSN 0964-5810.
- With Over 90 Nutrients and 46 Antioxidants, Moringa is one of the Richest Known Natural Sources of Vitamins and Minerals on Earth!
- The Incredible Health Benefits of Moringa Oleifera
- Moringa Oleifera Available at Healthy Choice Naturals
- Moringa Oleifera – 10 Reasons to Buy Organic
- What are Amino Acids and How Important Are They?
- The Moringa Tree Tops ORAC Superfoods for its Antioxidant Powers, Study Says