When most people think of testosterone, they think of the male sex drive. While it’s true that testosterone is responsible for regulating the male libido and sperm count, it is also responsible for many other important functions in a man’s body. For instance, adequate levels of testosterone are needed for a man to maintain muscle and bone mass, hair growth, energy levels, mental focus, mood and overall well-being.
The average man’s ability to produce testosterone starts to diminish at about the age 40 when it starts dropping at a rate of approximately 1% per year. So by the age of 60, the average man’s body may only be producing about 80% of the testosterone he needs for optimal health; by the age of 70, he may only be producing 70% of the necessary testosterone, and so on. Many men suffer even greater reductions in testosterone production.
Millions of men have low testosterone and may not even know they have it because they don’t recognize the symptoms. There are certain signs of low testosterone that every man should be aware of, especially men over the age of 40.
Here are 6 common signs of low testosterone that every man should know:
- Lower sex drive or problems with sexual performance: Losing interest in sex or experiencing problems with sexual performance can be signs of low testosterone. However, although you might expect low-T to automatically affect a man’s sex drive and/or performance, the truth is that sexual changes may be the last symptoms to appear. Not all men with low-T will lose their interest in sex or their ability to perform. Often these symptoms won’t be noticeable until a man’s testosterone levels have dropped significantly over a number of years, which makes the subtle changes more difficult to detect.
- Loss of muscle mass and bone mass: Common signs of low testosterone are losing muscle mass and bone density, which not only cause changes in a man’s physique and physical appearance, but also make him more susceptible to broken bones and fractures.
- Depression: If a man notices mood changes or feelings of depression which are out of character for him, low testosterone could be to blame. Since testosterone levels drop gradually over a period of several years, a man may not even notice his depression as one of the signs of low testosterone, until it reaches a tipping point. Men who are outgoing may compensate for the subtle mood changes early on due to their extroverted personalities, but eventually even these men may be overcome with feelings of depression.
- Diminished ability to concentrate and focus: Low-T can affect a man’s ability to concentrate, which may be more noticeable in men with jobs that require acute mental focus or creativity. Processing sequential thoughts can become difficult, and the problem may be compounded by feelings of apathy. A man who was once driven may lack the motivation to go to work and complete mental tasks.
- Chronic and extreme fatigue: Men with low-T may feel so fatigued that they simply don’t have the energy to do physical activities that they once performed easily. The fatigue can become so extreme that even just standing up and walking across the room can be too taxing. Some people might mistake a man’s lethargy for laziness, but the truth is, he may not even understand why his body just won’t physically perform like it used to. Low testosterone could be to blame and should be explored as a possible cause of chronic and extreme fatigue.
- Pain in the lower back, hips, knees and/or feet: Men with low-T often experience joint and back pain which may feel similar to arthritic symptoms. The pain can become excruciating in the lower back, hips, knees and/or feet. The discomfort and fatigue may get so severe that even just raising your arms above your head can become too painful.
Support Testosterone Levels by Taking a Natural Supplement
If you’re a man over the age of 40 and you are experiencing any of these signs of low testosterone, you are not alone. According to the American Diabetes Association, as many as 13 million men in the U.S. may have low testosterone, and it’s estimated that more than 90% of them are not being treated.
The good news is that if you have low testosterone, or if you simply want to be proactive about your testosterone levels, there are simple things you can do about it.
One solution is to take a natural supplement such as Healthy Choice Naturals Resurge Low-T Formula. It provides all the natural herbs and nutrients a man’s body needs to support testosterone levels for optimal health, including a proprietary blend of: Fenugreek, Octacosanol, Tongkat Ali, Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), Black Pepper Extract, Tribulus Terrestris, and Saw Palmetto.
Request a Simple Blood Test to Determine if You Have Low-T
A blood test ordered by your physician can determine if a man has low-T, but many doctors won’t test for it unless it’s requested by their patients. Often low-T symptoms are mistaken for other health problems, or because sexual symptoms may manifest so late in the progression of low-T, the condition is often overlooked and remains untested and untreated. So don’t be afraid to request a testosterone blood test from your physician if you experience any of these signs of low testosterone.
Be proactive about your testosterone levels and your overall health and wellbeing, especially if you are a man over the age of 40. Eat a healthy diet, get regular exercise, get enough sleep, reduce stress, and take natural health supplements such as Healthy Choice Naturals Resurge Low-T Formula along with other all-natural nutritional supplements available at www.healthychoicenaturals.com.
For more information about the signs of low testosterone and other natural ways you can support your health and vitality, go to www.healthychoicenaturals.com.
- How do I Know if My Testosterone is Low? Low Testosterone Symptoms Every Man Should Know
- Surprising Facts About Testosterone Every Man Should Know
- 11 Warning Signs You May have Low Testosterone
- How to Boost Testosterone Naturally
- Why Testosterone is so Critical for a Man’s Health
- 8 Signs That You Might Have a Thyroid Condition