Grocery shelves are brimming with more organic choices for the foods we eat every day as more people are realizing the benefits of eating organic foods. Today, the organic food industry accounts for almost $14 billion a year in sales and a 20% annual market growth.
There are several factors in our society today that contribute to illnesses and ailments, but the main reason for so many conditions in our world is the food we eat. Foods loaded with pesticides and other toxins can damage our body, rendering our immune system too weak to handle the onslaught of illness.
One of the best defenses for the body is whole organic foods. Organic fruits and vegetables are not genetically modified. Organic plants are grown with no pesticides, artificial fertilizers, human waste or sewage sludge and they have been processed without ionizing radiation or food additives. Organic meat has been raised without antibiotics or the use of growth hormones. In other words, organic foods are produced naturally without any man-made chemicals.
Knowing this, there are so many reasons why eating organic foods is beneficial.
- Your body can fight bacteria and viruses when it is fed organic food. There are no chemicals in the food and you are adding a more wholesome option when you eat organic. By eating more organic foods, your body will be healthy and in turn you have more strength and energy.
- Organic foods contain at least 50% more nutrients, vitamins, and minerals than their non-organic counterparts. Food that has been chemically altered in any way has far less nutritional value and therefore is not as good for your body.
- Organic foods taste better. Perhaps one of the most important reasons to eat organically is for the flavor. Compare a local, in-season organic fruit with its mushy supermarket counterpart, and it’s like tasting food for the first time. Let your taste buds be your guide. The produce that tastes best is usually better for you, too.
- The same growth hormones and antibiotics that are added to many foods that we eat, like chicken, enter the human body. These hormones and antibiotics may be the cause of early maturation in children, especially young girls. Eating a diet rich in organic foods help to assure that your child will be eating food free from added hormones and antibiotics.
- Antibiotics found in non-organic foods are a direct cause of allergies. Many of the allergies people suffer can be avoided by eating organic foods.
- Organic foods safeguard against toxic metals like cadmium, lead and mercury. Heavy metals damage nerve functions and block hemoglobin production which leads to anemia.
- In addition to the above reasons, by eating organic foods you are helping to save the environment and supporting small scale local farmers.
Take the time to learn about the benefits of organic food and apply it to your daily eating habits. It will change your body and your life.
Healthy Choice Naturals