Commercially prepared dog food, whether dried or tinned in a time-saving boon, cheap, easily stored and instantly prepared makes feeding pets quick and easy. However, these prepared dog foods are far from ideal. Cheap means they cannot possibly have high-quality protein in them. Easily stored means they have been subjected to high heat if canned, which will deplete many of the natural nutrients.
Dried food has its own disadvantages as most of the healthy fats found in meat and protein has to be removed, otherwise the paper bags would be a greasy mess. Most dog food is bulked out with refined grains meaning that what looks and smells like a quality, wholesome diet may be far different. The nutritional usefulness of these products gets sacrificed along the way.
One solution is to prepare your dog’s meals from scratch, but few of us have the time, knowledge, inclination and budget to go to such lengths. Such a radical change of diet may also upset our dog’s digestion which counters our attempts to improve our pet’s diet. A better compromise may be to continue to feed out pets the food they clearly enjoy and are familiar with and add a pet supplement.
Veterinarians increasingly recognize that nutritional pet supplements can lead to better health and resistance to illness for our four-legged friends. A regular, sustained program of supplements can make all the difference between a pet thriving or merely existing.
What do Pet Supplements Provide?
- Good health begins and ends with a good diet. Good pet supplements from a reputable supplier will include all-natural vitamins and nutrients which will:
- Support digestive and intestinal health
- Add back the enzymes and helpful bacteria which are lost in a processed diet
- Support healthy hips and joints
- Boost and sustain natural energy levels
- Give a shiny coat, a sure sign of inner health
- Bolster your pet’s defense against disease with powerful antioxidants
- Provide support against environmental pollution, germs and stress
Choose a formula which has been formulated by veterinarians specifically for your pet’s age, either as a developing youngster, an adult or a senior. Look for a tasty chewable tablet which can be given as a daily treat and buy from a reputable company which offers a money-back guarantee. With nothing to lose, adding pet supplements to your dog’s daily regimen could be the best few dollars you will ever spend, and your pet will thank you for it!
Daily Essentials Adult
- Pet Nutrition – Essential Steps to Keep Your Dog Healthy
- Pet Nutrition: The Truth Behind Commercially Processed Pet Food
- This Book Can Prolong and Possibly Save Your Pet’s Life!
- Dog Vitamins: The Importance of Key Nutrients for Aging Dogs
- Pet Vitamins – 5 Vital Reasons Your Pet should be Taking Them
- The Health Benefits of Having Pets