Your skin requires specific vitamins, minerals and other nutrients to combat oxidization from free radical damage, sun exposure, and toxins—all of which can cause wrinkles, age spots, and other skin changes that can age your appearance. The number one strategy for vibrant, youthful looking skin is to nourish your skin by getting enough of the best vitamins for healthy skin.
What are the best vitamins for healthy skin?
Studies show that vitamins C, E, A, K, and B complex help to improve the skin’s appearance. Plus, important skin minerals include selenium, zinc, copper, alpha-lipoic acid, DMAE, hyaluronic acid, and essential fatty acids (EFAs) including plenty of omega-3s.
But with today’s busy lifestyles and poor eating habits, it can be difficult to get these important nutrients from food alone. That’s why experts recommend taking a supplement such as Healthy Choice Naturals Full Spectrum Multivitamin and Hair, Skin and Nail Essentials.
In addition to proper nutrition, here are 11 more natural strategies to help you maintain smoother, younger looking skin:
- Avoid wheat and other grain carbohydrates (including whole grains) in foods such as breads, cereals, pasta, rice, potatoes, and corn. Grain carb foods cause unhealthy spikes in insulin production. Substitute grain carbs with vegetable carbs that your body can easily digest.
- Don’t be “a gluten for punishment.” Consider a gluten-free diet, especially if you are intolerant to glutens. By eliminating dietary glutens, you can avoid toxins from being pushed through your skin due to the intolerance.
- Decrease or eliminate your sugar intake. Like grains, sugar causes insulin spikes which can lead to skin problems such as blemishes and breakouts.
- Balance your gut bacteria with probiotics. Eating fermented foods and taking a probiotic supplement helps promote a healthy balance of “friendly” micro flora in your gut. Try Healthy Choice Naturals Balanced Probiotic which provides more than 5 billion active bacteria from all seven probiotic strains to support your colon, digestive and immune system health.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Maintaining proper hydration is important for cell growth and regeneration, elimination of wastes and toxins, and removal of dead skin cells.
- Stop drinking sodas, juices, and energy drinks. Eliminate these beverages from your diet completely because they are high-sugar, high-calorie, and contain artificial flavorings, high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners and artificial colors and dyes. Instead of drinking fruit juices, eat whole fruits but only in moderation.
- Get more vitamin D which is critical for your body to maintain a healthy immune system and to promote skin health.
- Reduce stress because too much stress is not only bad for your overall health, it can manifest in skin problems.
- Get plenty of exercise. Regular, high-intensity exercise helps flush toxins out of your body, including through your pores as you sweat.
- Get enough sleep so your body (including your skin) can restore and rejuvenate every night.
- Use natural skin care products. Avoid toxic skin care products that contain chemicals. Use all-natural products whenever possible.
By nourishing your body with the best vitamins for healthy skin and following these other skin care strategies, you’ll be better able to defy your age and enjoy more youthful, glowing skin for years to come.