Paying attention to your blood glucose level is very important, as having too high of a blood glucose level can make you feel lethargic, irritated or even physically sick. Persistent high glucose levels can also have more serious, long term effects on your system.
Glucose is a form of a carbohydrate. Your body uses the sugars it extracts from the foods you eat, and uses these to provide energy for the cells in your body. It is called a blood glucose level and glucose is the particular type of sugar that is formed and stored inside the body. The amount of glucose your body produces is based on the types of foods we eat.
Listed below are some of the most common and also easily avoided causes of high blood glucose levels.
- Lack of Exercise- Daily exercise is a key factor to managing you glucose levels. As you exercise, your body uses up extra glucose stored in the cells as means to provide you with energy. This can be something as simple as walking 30 minutes a day.
- Poor Diet- Your blood glucose level can be higher based on the types of foods you eat. Consuming too many high carbohydrate foods, such as potato chips, sodas and bread will increase your blood glucose level. A healthy, low carbohydrate diet, consisting of plenty of vegetables and fruits will help keep your blood sugar levels under control.
- Dehydration- Your blood glucose level can go up simply because you have not had enough water. Make sure to stay hydrated so your body has everything it needs to regulate your glucose level.
- Stress- When your stress level goes up, it sends a signal to your body that initiates the ‘fight or flight’ response. This causes your blood sugar level to go up, as your body is preparing to expend extra energy. Monitor your stress level and cope as needed!
Follow these four simple steps and not only will you tackle your blood sugar levels, you will also improve your health.
Healthy Choice Naturals Glucose Factors can also help manage your blood sugar levels. It provides 13 essential herbal extracts, vitamins and minerals known to be effective in supporting and maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
- Control Your Blood Sugar Levels Naturally
- What is Glycemic Index?
- Effective Strategies to Help Maintain Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
- Control Blood Sugar Levels-Are You at Risk for Pre-diabetes?
- Diabetes or Pre-Diabetes Now Strikes One in Four Americans
- What’s the One Thing You Definitely Do NOT Want To Eat?