If you suffer from occasional headaches, you know first-hand how excruciating and debilitating the pain can be. Sometimes, the pain can be so extreme that you’re unable to perform your daily activities. But the next time a headache occurs, consider giving these 6 natural headache remedies a try. They can help stop your headache pain naturally and can help you get back in action quickly.
The next time a headache strikes, try these 6 natural headache remedies:
- Drink water: Dehydration is a common cause of headaches, so simply drinking a couple glasses of water may be the only headache solution you need. To prevent headaches in the future, stay well-hydrated by drinking at least eight 8-oz. glasses of water each day. For best results, drink plain water, or spice things up by adding a slice of lemon or orange to your water. To add a touch of sweetness, stir in a teaspoon of honey. Avoid drinking sodas and sports drinks as they are loaded with sugar and empty calories.
- Apply a cold compress: Try applying a cold compress to your forehead when you feel a headache coming on. A homemade icepack can easily be made out of a plastic bag filled with ice, or simply grab a bag of frozen vegetables from the freezer and lay it across your pounding head. When the vegie bag gets too warm, swap it out with another bag from the freezer. To avoid damaging your skin, be sure to wrap your cold compress or frozen vegie bag with a thin towel before applying it to your head.
- Eat grapes: We’ve all heard the saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away,” but what about grapes? As unusual as it may sound, grapes can help to relieve headache pain naturally. Plus, they are delicious, inexpensive and readily available at your local grocery store. If don’t care for grapes, you can drink 100% pure grape juice and get the same results. Grapes also provide additional health benefits from the abundance of antioxidants, vitamins and fiber they contain.
- Eat cayenne pepper: The cayenne in hot peppers has been known to be effective as a headache remedy. Because of its healthful properties, people have been using chili peppers in foods for many years. You can buy cayenne pepper in powdered form or liquid form at health food stores.
- Exercise: Exercising is one of the headache remedies that people often overlook. The physical activity improves your circulation which oxygenates your blood. It also improves your hormonal balance, reduces stress, helps you relax, reduces your anxiety level, lessens feelings of depression, and stimulates natural mood elevators and natural painkillers called endorphins in your brain. So get up and move around! It just might be the only headache remedy you need.
- Relax: Practicing relaxation methods of any kind can be helpful to relieve headache pain, and reduce muscle tension and stress. Getting a massage, doing breathing exercises, doing yoga, practicing visualization techniques, and meditating are all good ways to relax, relieve tension, and reduce headache pain.
Remember that getting adequate daily nutrition is always a key to your good health, and it’s especially important if you are suffering from any ailments like headaches. Your body requires plenty of antioxidants and certain vitamins and minerals in order to function properly and maintain your health and wellness.
To ensure you’re getting all the nutrients you need, eat a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables, grains, proteins and dairy foods. In addition, take a natural multivitamin supplement such as Healthy Choice Naturals Full Spectrum Daily Multiple to make sure you don’t have any deficiencies. Healthy Choice Naturals Full Spectrum Daily Multiple contains a comprehensive formula of 56 of the most essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients that your body requires daily for strong bones, a sound mind, and healthy vision. Plus, it’s all natural so it’s safe to take every day.