Owning and caring for a dog can greatly improve our own health and mental well-being. According to recent studies, dogs may be man’s best friend in even more ways than we previously thought. Dogs provide companionship, a reason to exercise daily and they are thought to buffer us from stress. How can we possibly repay our pet for such wonderful benefits? Our responsibility to our four-legged companion is to make sure they are well looked after and receive the nutrients and dog vitamins they need, particularly as they get older.
Older dogs need a balanced food formulation for their changing metabolism. A healthy dog’s diet should include the following:
- Protein to help maintain muscle mass
- Healthy grains providing carbohydrates which are the source of sustained energy and vitality
- Antioxidants including Vitamin E and beta-carotene which will boost our dog’s metabolism
- Glucosamine which is essential for healthy joints and hips
- Fish oils, for a healthy skin and a shining coat which indicate good overall health
- Fiber such as beet-pulp to maintain intestinal health. Fiber is also essential to enable dogs to absorb essential nutrients
Whatever type of food you choose for your dog, how can you be sure that they are receiving these essentials in sufficient quantities, particularly smaller dogs which eat small meals? Dog vitamins are available in easy-to-take tablet form in varying doses according to the size and weight of your dog. They help ensure that your dog receives the essential vitamins his body needs for a healthy lifestyle well into old age. Choose tablets with a tasty chicken taste and they can easily be given as a healthy treat.
Good health for our faithful companion begins when he is young and energetic and will pay off as he gets older. Using dog vitamins for every age of a dog’s life is important, but for a senior dog, vitamins are crucial. Providing the best diet with a balance of key nutrients and a vitamin supplement means you are doing everything you can to repay your dog for the enhanced quality of life they give you.
- Pet Nutrition – Essential Steps to Keep Your Dog Healthy
- Pet Vitamins – 5 Vital Reasons Your Pet should be Taking Them
- This Book Can Prolong and Possibly Save Your Pet’s Life!
- Are Pet Supplements Necessary for Your Dog’s Health?
- Pet Nutrition: The Truth Behind Commercially Processed Pet Food
- Should I Take Multivitamins