Acid reflux is an annoying problem that can bring discomfort, without any warning, anytime during the day or night. Although there are many over the counter prescription drugs available, there are also several natural solutions for controlling or eliminating acid reflux.
Here is a list of simple acid reflux natural remedies:
- Dairy products such as yogurt and low -fat milk are known to be very effective acid reflux natural remedies. The ‘probiotics’ present in yogurt are known to be the reason for its effectiveness. These probiotics are nothing but good bacteria that give a soothing effect to the esophagus and the stomach. Taking yogurt or low-fat milk after a meal is known to be useful in controlling this problem.
- Drink water 30 minutes before/after a meal. If you drink too much water during a meal, you can dilute the acid in the stomach. You need the acid in your stomach to prevent acid reflux. Therefore, it is best to drink 30 minutes before or after a meal.
- Chew your food properly. People are often in a hurry to gobble up whatever is there on their plate. You should take your time and enjoy your food. Chewing food properly will allow more production of saliva. This saliva in turn helps in neutralize the stomach acids, thereby aiding better digestion. You can also try to split your meals into six or seven meals spread throughout the day, instead of two or three large ones. Large meals are known to cause acid reflux almost immediately.
- Modifying your diet – Eating large amounts of processed foods and sugars is a surefire way to exacerbate acid reflux as it will upset the bacterial balance in your stomach and intestine. Instead, you’ll want to eat a lot of vegetables and stay away from processed foods and fast food.
- Enzyme Supplements – Everything we eat needs food enzymes to digest foods into nutrients. Food enzymes exist naturally in raw foods, but when food is cooked at high temperatures, the natural enzymes are destroyed. In addition, as we age we lose the ability to produce enough digestive enzymes necessary to complete digestion. Supplementing with digestive enzymes helps your body digest foods and also reduces the toxicity in the intestines and colon.
Acid Reflux is a serious problem in today’s society. Fortunately, there are natural ways to reduce both the severity and the frequency of your acid reflux. Healthy Choice Naturals Ultra-zymes can help relieve your discomfort. It contains 18 enzymes that go to work fast to help you digest foods easily, and get relief from burning, bloating and acid reflux.
Get Fast, Natural Relief Today with Ultra-zymes