In the last decade, the number of adults suffering from high blood pressure has increased 30 percent. It affects one in three adults and as many as 70 percent of those who have high blood pressure don’t have their condition under control.
Unfortunately, there are some risk factors for high blood pressure than we can’t control. These factors include race, heredity and age. However for many, the risks of high blood pressure can be controlled by removing certain unhealthy life-style habits from your daily routine.
- Obesity or Overweight. About one-third of those with high blood pressure are overweight. Even moderately obese adults have double the risk of hypertension than people with normal weights. Moreover, the increase in blood pressure in aging Americans may be due primarily to weight gain as we age.
- High Salt (Sodium) Intake – Most Americans consume far more salt (sodium) than their bodies need. Heavy sodium consumption increases blood pressure in some people, leading to high blood pressure. People diagnosed with high blood pressure are often put on sodium-restricted diets.
- Lack of Exercise or Physical Activity – A low exercise lifestyle leads to a weak heart, poor exercise tolerance, and obesity. All of which have been implicated in the development of high blood pressure.
- Excessive Stress Levels – Recent evidence confirms the association between stress and hypertension. In one 20-year study, men who periodically measured highest on the stress scale were twice as likely to have high blood pressure as those with normal stress. The effects of stress on blood pressure in women were less clear. Job stress and lack of career success have been specifically linked to high blood pressure in both men and women.
- Smoking – Smoking is the number 1 risk factor over which you have control. Smoking is such a powerful risk factor for so many different human diseases that doctors are encouraged to ask every patient who smokes if they would like to quit. Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for your health.
If you are concerned about your blood pressure, Healthy Choice Naturals Blood Pressure Formula is an all-natural, scientifically developed combination of herbs and vitamins formulated to help maintain optimum blood pressure levels.
- Studies Support Value of a Healthy Lifestyle
- Blood Pressure Rates Continue to Rise
- Affordable Alternatives to Risky and Expensive Blood Pressure Drugs
- End Blood Pressure Worries with Healthy Choice Blood Pressure Formula
- Air Pollution Linked with Increased Blood Pressure
- 8 Healing Foods Straight From Your Kitchen