When measuring blood pressure, it’s important to make sure your reading is as accurate as possible. One way to ensure you get a proper reading is to keep your arm bent.
According to investigators from the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) School of Medicine and the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, blood pressure reading can be 10% higher if a person’s arm is held parallel to the body.
So bend that arm! Make sure your elbow is at the right angle to your body with the elbow flexed at heart level. This should give the most precise reading. And for the record, it doesn’t matter if you’re sitting, standing or laying down for the test- as long as you’re in the same position every time you’re tested.
Here’s another tip:
If you test daily or weekly be sure to test close to the same time of the day. I recommend you stand for 60 seconds with your arms hanging to your side. Then simply take your reading. Following these guides will insure consistently accurate readings. If you have a concern about high blood pressure or are dealing with hypertension our herbal blood pressure formula can work wonders. It’s very effective and affordable too. Each bottle is a 2 month supply.
- Foods for high blood pressure
- Study Shows Audio Relaxation May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- What Sleeping Positions Reveal About Our Personalities
- Herbal and Natural Supplements are Used by More than Half of all Americans. Why?
- How To Avoid High Blood Pressure
- End Blood Pressure Worries with Healthy Choice Blood Pressure Formula