If you’re like most people, you will eventually reach the age where your advancing years will show up in a new crop of gray hair. The average age when men start to notice their first few sprouts of gray hair is about the age of 30 and for women it is about age 35. After the age of 30, your chances of going gray increase by 10-20% with each passing decade.
The age at which your hair will start to turn gray is largely determined by your genes. However, there are other factors that can contribute to prematurely graying hair, such as smoking, vitamin deficiencies and hormonal imbalances. Smoking reduces your natural melanin production, which is what gives hair and skin their color. Researchers report that smokers are four times as likely to have gray hair as non-smokers. Other factors impacting gray hair are a deficiency in vitamin B-12 or a thyroid imbalance.
What Causes Gray Hair?
Hair turns gray due to a natural buildup of hydrogen peroxide in hair follicles as we age, causing oxidation that results in gray hair. When we’re young, we have plenty of catalase, an enzyme that breaks down the hydrogen peroxide and converts it into water and oxygen. But as we get older, our catalase levels decline, and this sets off a chain reaction that leads to gray hair. The pigment cells in our hair slowly start to die, reducing the production of melanin in hair follicles. The slow, gradual reduction in melanin causes hair to turn transparent and appear gray, silver or even white.
What You Can do to Reverse Gray Hair
In order to reverse gray hair growth, you need to increase your catalase levels to combat the buildup of hydrogen peroxide in your body. By taking a revolutionary new catalase supplement, such as Healthy Choice Naturals Nutri-Gray Hair Vitamin with Catalase, you can reverse gray hair and restore your hair back to its natural, youthful color. Every daily serving of two capsules of Nutri-Gray Hair Vitamin with Catalase provides you with an exclusive formula of 5,000 IU of natural catalase to neutralize hydrogen peroxide build-up, plant sterols to counteract stress hormones that cause gray hair and hair loss, paba known as the anti-gray vitamin in the B-vitamin family, folic acid (also known as vitamin B-9 or folate) which enhances hair color, strength and quality, biotin which combats split ends, L-tyrosine which helps boost melanin production, pantothenic acid to nourish hair follicles, barley grass juice powder with nutrients to thicken hair, and horsetail which helps hair retain moisture, making it more glossy and vibrant.
What is Your Hair Stylist Not Telling You?
When it comes to gray hair, here are three things your hair stylist probably doesn’t want you to know:
1) Hair doesn’t turn gray overnight. Your hair can’t go from dark to white or gray in the blink of an eye. According to scientists, each strand of hair grows for 1 to 3 years, and then it falls out and another hair grows in its place. As we age, the new replacement hairs are more likely to be white or gray, and this is a gradual process that happens over time as we get older. Your hairdresser probably wants you to think your hair is turning gray quickly to keep you coming back for regular dye jobs to keep your grays at bay.
2) You have the power to turn back the clock and reverse gray hair by taking a catalase supplement. But your hairdresser doesn’t want you to know this because she wants to keep you as a steady client for hair coloring. You can’t really blame her for trying to make a few bucks at your expense. However, if you’d like to save a few bucks (actually, more like hundreds of bucks) by not having your hair dyed every few months, and instead, take a simple nutritional supplement, such as Healthy Choice Naturals Nutri-Gray Hair Vitamin with Catalase, then you should put your hairdresser on standby and go to http://shop.healthychoicenaturals.com/Nutri-Gray-p/nutrigray.htm. According to The Huffington Post, the average woman spends approximately $50,000 on basic hair care during her lifetime! Imagine how you could better spend that money than on your hair up-keep.
3) Gray strands tend to be thicker and wirier than your natural, youthful colored hair, but it doesn’t take expensive salon treatments to condition it. You can make a homemade conditioner that works just as well as costly salon brands, and you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen pantry already. You can make a great natural conditioner out of olive oil, coconut oil and avocado. Just mix about ½ cup each of these ingredients (or more if you have long hair), and massage into damp hair from scalp through to the ends. Wrap hair in plastic wrap or put in a shower cap for 30 minutes or longer, and thoroughly rinse out. Then wash with mild shampoo and conditioner, and your hair should feel smoother, less dry, and more manageable and look more shiny and vibrant.
With Nutri-Gray Hair Vitamin with Catalase, there’s good news for those who want to reverse gray hair and maintain their youthful, natural hair color. Just two capsules per day is all you need to reverse gray hair naturally with Nutri-Gray Hair Vitamin with Catalase’s all-natural herbal formula of specialized hair nutrients to restore your hair color and improve its overall luster, thickness and shine. For more information on how to reverse gray hair, go to http://shop.healthychoicenaturals.com/Nutri-Gray-p/nutrigray.htm.
- Help for Gray Hair: Research Validates Catalase Supplements as a Natural Solution for Gray Hair
- Hair and your Health
- Having a Bad Hair Day? Hair Vitamins Can Help Turn Them into Good Ones
- 25 Tips for Beautiful Skin
- Are You Losing Your Hair? Top 10 Causes and Helpful Solutions to Stop Hair Loss
- How to Keep Your Hair Healthy: 9 Hair DON’Ts