- Chia Seeds Are NutritiousA highly important fact is that chia seeds have more health giving omega-3 than any other plant or marine source. Chia is loaded with antioxidants, fiber, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, protein and many other vitamins and minerals.
- Chia Seeds Are EnergizingNot only do chia seeds give you a boost of energy that lasts, they also provide stamina and endurance. About the amount in a single tablespoon could sustain Aztec warriors by providing energy for an entire day.
- Chia Stabilizes Blood Sugar, Reduces Blood Glucose Swings and Supports Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
Chia’s soluble fiber provides a stabilizing influence on high blood glucose levels by regulating the rate at which complex carbohydrates from the food you consume are digested and assimilated in your body. This creates steady, stable blood glucose levels.
- Chia Seed Supports Improved Mental Focus, Mood and Concentration
The essential fats in chia are well known for helping improve brain function, elevating your mood and having strong anti-depressive effects. Chia’s balanced essential fats (omega-3 and omega-6) can significantly boost your brain power and brighten your mood. Essential fats make cell membranes more flexible, and enable more efficient membrane function, including better nerve transmission and nutrient transportation into cells.
- Chia Helps Increase Lean Muscle Mass and Can Help with Weight Loss and Weight Maintenance
Chia is highly useful for weight loss and weight maintenance. Chia is suitable for all lifestyles and dietary regimens, including low carb diets and vegetarian diets. In addition, chia’s essential fatty acids (see above) actually boost metabolism and contribute to optimal metabolic function, thereby serving to build and maintain lean muscle mass.
- Chia Seeds Are Easily Digestible
Unlike flax seed, chia seeds do not have to be ground up before you ingest them. The human body can easily digest chia seeds, and with about 7 grams of fiber per serving, they actually help improve digestion and elimination.
- Chia Seeds Are Convenient and Versatile
You can take chia as a daily supplement or use powder form to mix with your favorite drink and sprinkle on your cereal or salad and just about anything else. Chia seeds last for years, so stock up now.