Acai Buyers Beware Before you Buy
The Acai Berry is often referred to as natures “superfood” because it is rich in important antioxidants, with a wide range of benefits such as helping to promote weight loss, anti-aging properties, increased energy, detoxification, and more.
But with so many different Acai Berry products flooding the market and internet, all claiming to be the best, it’s hard to know which one to choose. So does it really matter where you buy Acai Berry products? Absolutely! Not all Acai products created equal. There are several factors that go into the processing of the Acai Berry and can affect the quality and potency of the product that customers need to know before buying.
That means the consumer needs to do their homework to find a manufacturer that hasn’t taken any shortcuts in their processing and the quality of their ingredients.
Before you purchase any Acai product, make sure the product lines up with these standards:
- Certified Organic Ingredients. When using non-organic fruits, you could be exposed to pesticides and other chemicals. Non-organic antioxidant products can contain chemical pesticides, herbicides and other toxins.
- Freeze-Dried and Not Spray Dried Acai. To preserve the berry’s nutrients, Acai must be freeze-dried. Spray drying involves heating the berries at high temperatures, which destroys the active properties. In this process, they are also sprayed with a carrier such as maltodextrin to dry them out. When this occurs, a large portion of the resulting Acai powder is actually maltodextrin.
- Acai Must Be Processed Quickly – 24-48 hours is best. This highly potent berry starts losing its active properties within days of being picked.
- Make Sure the Acai is not Processed in China. Many products on the market today are processed in China, which does not have any regulations for pesticide use and is known for using harsh chemicals. Also, Acai processing plants in China often use unregulated soy, fillers and chemicals in the extraction process.
- No Fillers or Water Added to the Product. Adding fillers makes the Acai fluffier and bulks it up, so you are not getting as much Acai. Check the label for such fillers as soy, corn, maltodextrin or water.
- No Added Sugar, Artificial sweeteners or fructose. Look to see that the Acai does not have added sugar. Sugar is not good for our immune systems and it can cause inflammation.
Lastly watch out for scams. Several companies out there are offering free trial offers or multi-level ordering for Acai Berry products. Beware. These companies get you to buy with their free offer and then place you on an auto-ship program that is difficult, if not impossible to cancel. We strongly suggest that you purchase from a reputable company and carefully do your research before buying anything on an auto-ship program.
Our Healthy Choice Naturals Acai supplement is a 100% natural source of Acai berry, containing a powerful 1200mgs of pure organic Acai. It is freeze dried and contains no fillers. What you get is the highest quality Acai product available, at an exceptional price. Plus, we absolutely, positively, never auto-ship.