With over 100 million American’s with, or at risk for high blood pressure, it is important to take measures to control your blood pressure in order to stay healthy. Fortunately, many people can successfully manage their blood pressure naturally by maintaining some healthy lifestyle habits.
Here are 12 things you can do to manage your blood pressure naturally:
- Exercise. One of the most effective ways to control your insulin levels is through exercise. A regular exercise program can go a long way towards maintain healthy blood pressure levels. Exercise 5-7 days a week for 30 minutes and you could drop 4-9 points.
- Follow a low fat diet. A diet high in fruit, veggies and low-fat dairy, and low in fat, red meat, sweets and sugary beverages. Following a healthy diet can drop your blood pressure by 8-14 points.
- Lose weight. It’s estimated that you could drop 5-20 points for every 22 pounds you lose.
- Limit your sodium intake to 2,400 mg day and you could drop 2-8 points.
- Limit alcohol to 2 drinks a day for men, 1 for women and you could drop 2-4 points.
- Sleep Well. Not getting enough sleep may contribute to hypertension.
- Reduce your stress. It can raise your blood pressure and over time, may contribute to the permanent condition of hypertension. Find ways to relax.
- Potassium. Make sure to get enough by eating a varied diet containing plenty of fruit, veggies, dairy and fish.
- Calcium. Make sure you are getting 1,000 mg a day if you’re under 50 and 1,200 mg if you’re over 50.
- Vitamin C. Studies indicate that daily intake of 500 mg supplementary vitamin C may have beneficial effects on blood pressure.
- Get enough omega-3 fatty acids by eating fatty fish and by taking a high quality fish oil supplement.
- Normalize your vitamin D levels. It has recently become clear that normalizing your vitamin D levels can have a powerful effect on normalizing your blood pressure.
Simple efforts on your part can result in measurable differences in your blood pressure and a vast majority of people can manage their blood pressure by implementing healthy lifestyle habits.
If you are concerned about your blood pressure, Healthy Choice Naturals Blood Pressure Formula is an all-natural, scientifically developed combination of herbs and vitamins, including magnesium, potassium, calcium, and vitamins c and d, formulated to help maintain optimum blood pressure levels.