If you are a man, by the time you are 60, there’s a fifty-fifty chance that you’ll be suffering from an enlarged prostate. And by the age of 70 or 80, your chances climb to 90%. As common as the problem is, many men still ignore the signs of prostate problems.
As a man ages, certain changes can happen to his body. One of these is Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) or enlarged prostate, which is very common in men over 40. The prostate gland — part of the reproductive system — is located just beneath the bladder and surrounding the urethra (the tube that carries urine and semen through the penis). As the prostate grows it puts pressure on the urethra, causing a number of symptoms including changes in urination frequency and urges.
There are three factors that increase your risk of developing BPH:
- Age: Starting at age 45, the risk of developing BPH increases.
- Family history: If any immediate blood relative had BPH, you are more likely to develop the condition.
- Some research indicates that medical conditions such as obesity may contribute to the development of BPH.
Some of the most common symptoms of BPH include:
- A frequent need to urinate, causing you to get up several times a night.
- A weak, often interrupted urinary stream.
- A full-bladder feeling, as if you can never completely empty your bladder.
- Difficulty initiating urine stream, with involuntary dribbling at the beginning or end.
- Sudden, sometimes uncontrollable urgency to urinate.
- A burning, painful or throbbing sensation when urinating.
- Loss of libido and sexual potency, weak sex drive.
- Any pain or discomfort in the urinary tract.
Natural Prostate Support
There are several natural vitamins and herbs to help support prostate function including Beta-Sitosterol, Lycopene, Selenium, and Zinc. In addition, a diet rich in fiber and a clean colon can contribute enormously to a healthy prostate.
If you are experiencing symptoms which are suggestive of a prostate problem it is important to talk to your doctor and confirm whether the condition is BPH or signs of a more serious condition.
When it comes to an enlarged prostate, it’s important not to ignore the problem. If you are looking for a natural way to manage your enlarged prostate, we suggest Healthy Choice Naturals Prostate Care. It contains the five most important herbs and nutrients, including Beta-Sitosterol shown to support optimal prostate and urinary tract health.