By blocking the production of cholesterol in the liver, statins also block the production of Coenzyme-Q10. A Columbia University study found that CoQ10 levels were reduced by half after only 30 days of statin treatments. People who take statins need to know this because CoQ10 is vital for producing muscular energy. A lack of this nutrient can cause the heart (which is a muscle) to function improperly, resulting in heart failure.
This news is not new. Researchers established the relationship between CoQ10 and heart health years ago. It is also well known that statins are responsible for depleting the body of CoQ10. Yet, very few doctors who prescribe these drugs make this known to their patients.
As you know, I much prefer natural alternatives to statins. But, if you still believe you should be taking a statin drug, now you know that it is imperative for you to also supplement with CoQ10. You can order it from our website for as low as $9.90.
- The Truth about CoQ10 and Statins
- Natural Alternatives to Statin Drug Use
- Cholesterol Numbers Over 200 Puts You at Greatly Increased Risk for Heart Attacks.
- Statins Drugs Cause Muscle Damage
- Plant Sterols Significantly Lower LDL Cholesterol.
- Good News for Your Heart, Muscles, Brain, Liver, Pancreas and Kidneys