to Your Life and Your Wallet
Smoking is one of the most popular “habits” that most people indulge in, despite the fact that it is very dangerous to our health. Contrary to popular notion, smoking is not actually a habit. Rather, it is an addiction to nicotine. Just like any other kind of addiction, smoking has very bad side effects. It’s one the prime causes of heart diseases, respiratory problems, and various types of cancer. For those of us who smoke, we most likely already know the cost to our health.
But what about the cost to our wallets? Contrary to what many may think, smoking is much more expensive than the advertised price. In fact, it’s estimated that actual costs of smoking total nearly $40 a pack.
This estimation includes all the factors associated with smoking, not just merely the cost of one pack of cigarettes. Researchers have broken down these factors by cost:
- $33 a pack for the cost of early deaths, smoking-related disabilities and other factors (which includes $20.28 a pack due to reduced life expectancy)
- $5.44 a pack for the cost of the effect of secondhand smoke on significant others.
- $1.44 a pack for the cost of the effect of secondhand smoke on the society as a whole.
At approximately $40 for every pack, the total cost over one smoker’s lifetime equals nearly $171,000. In past studies, researchers only calculated medical and secondhand smoke costs. However, in this study researchers tried to take into account the entire range of lifetime costs. .
The total was calculated using lifetime costs acquired by men and women who smoke at age 24. Researchers also estimated that many of these people would eventually quit.
By smoking one pack of cigarettes:
- A smoker’s life is cut short by two hours
- Men lose a total of 4.4 years of their life
- Women lose a total of 2.4 years of their life
Interestingly enough, many smokers are less afraid of dying than they are of acquiring a disabling disease such as emphysema. Though smokers don’t spend much more time with a major disabling condition, they do become disabled sooner, resulting in a sooner death.
It’s Time to Quit
We Can Help You Stop in Seven Days
If cigarettes are a problem for you or someone you care for, we highly recommend our 7 Day Stop Smoking Plan. Nearly 94,000 smokers have quit using this affordable and easy to follow Natural Herbal Plan. It has a 93% success rate and comes with a money back guarantee.
Stop smoking today and change your life and your health forever
Healthy Choice Naturals
7-Day Stop Smoking Program
- The Amazing, True Cost of Smoking and How to Quit in the Next 7 Days
- Do You find it Difficult to Quit Smoking?
- Shocking New Cigarette Labeling Laws Show Graphic Images of the Effects of Smoking
- Chewing Tobacco Health Risks
- 6 Not So Familiar Reasons to Quit Smoking
- Ten Tips that Will Help You Stop Smoking for Good.