Memory is an important part of each of our lives. We use it to process, encode and retrieve information throughout our daily lives. As we age, our brain, just like or bodies is no longer in tip top shape. But there are steps you can take to guard against memory loss and improve your retrieval capacity.
Isn’t it frustrating when you can’t remember a person’s name, an important date or something as simple as where you placed your car keys? Have you ever wondered why you can’t remember these things? There are a number of factors that can contribute to your memory recall.
Causes of forgetting:
- Interference by other information which may be learned earlier or later
- Trauma to the head
- Emotional and physical stress
- Brain injury or disease
- Certain drugs like narcotics
- Psychological state — such as not having any interest in the subject
Listed below are 10 methods we suggest you try to improve your memory recall and overall memory strengthening. The more you practice and apply these methods, the better you will become.
- Being in the same mood when the information was processed is helpful.
- Try to place yourself in the same situation that this information was processed. The retrieval of information is more easily obtained in the same circumstance or place of input.
- It is easier for the brain to memorize images, so link the information you need to store to images.
- Avoid cigarette smoking and alcohol.
- Study for short periods with breaks in between.
- Repeat the information more than one time either through visualizations, auditory input, or through written word.
- Take a Vitamin B complex.
- Eat a healthy diet and include fresh vegetables during study hours.
- Meditation and hypnotherapy reduce stress and anxiety and these practices also help to improve your memory.
- Memory exercises: Practice with images, audio stimuli and writing to help you store information you need to retrieve later.
All of the items on this list can help to improve your memory. Taking a nutritional supplement may also be beneficial.
We suggest HealthyChoiceNaturals Mind Matrix supplement which provides natural support to help improve your memory and sharpen your focus.