The goji berry has been known for centuries in Asia, but has only recently gained great popularity in North America, so much so that a multi-billion dollar business in goji is expected within the next two years. The reason for the popularity is because they are considered to be one of the most powerful foods in the world.
They contain at least eighteen amino acids, more iron than spinach and more beta carotene than carrots. In addition, research has shown that the goji berry is loaded with age defying, disease preventing antioxidants. Its ORAC value (the value a food is given for its protective potency) is far higher than blueberries, pomegranates, oranges, or raspberries, all of which are powerful antioxidants themselves.
Goji is a small red berry, about the size of a grape, which grows on a vine in the hills of Tibet and Inner Mongolia. It is said that the Himalayans were the first natural healers, and that they shared their wisdom with the ancient herbalists of China, Tibet, and India. One of their most prized secrets was the fruit of the native goji vine, which had been flourishing in the Himalayan valleys since the beginning of time.
Goji is packed with anti-oxidants that can atack free radicals before they can damage body cells. Research has shown that many of the world’s longest living people consume regular daily helpings of a tiny red fruit.
The Goji Berry plant:
- Contains 19 amino acids — the building blocks of protein — including nine that essential to the body.
- Contains 21 trace minerals.
- Contains more protein than whole wheat.
- Contains Vitamin C at higher levels than oranges.
- Contains complete spectrum of antioxidant carotenoids, including beta-carotene (a better source than even carrots) and zeaxanthin (protects the eyes). Goji berries are among the richest source of carotenoids of all known foods.
- Contains Solavetivone, a powerful anti-fungal and anti-bacterial compound.
- Contains essential fatty acids, which are required for the body’s production of hormones and the smooth functioning of the brain and nervous system.
- Contains Beta-Sitosterol, an anti-inflammatory agent.
Incredibly high in iron, goji berries are exceptionally nutrient rich. They are especially high in Vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2 and B6, and contain considerably more Vitamin C than an orange. The goji berry has also been found to contain other complex compounds, such as Betaine (useful for improving liver function and reputed to enhance memory), Solavetivone (a compound containing anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties), and Beta-Sitoserol (an anti-inflammatory agent that may also help in the treatment of hypertension).
Goji comes in many forms these days, including juice, goji bars, goji cream and goji capsules. Our Healthy Choice Naturals Acai Advantage gives you 300mg of Goji Berry in each serving along with 10 powerful fruits including Acai, plus Resveratrol. This potent formula provides your body with a massive source of vitamins, minerals and amazing health benefits.
Experience the Power of Acai Advantage
Healthy Choice Naturals
- Goji Berries Are Most Nutritious Foods on the Planet
- Which Supplement Provides High Antioxidant Values and is a Vital Source of Energy?
- Five tropical fruits that supply vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and Promotes total-body health
- Acai Berry Health Benefits
- Acai Berry – Everything You Need to Know
- Acai, The Answer to Vitamins and Proper Nutrition